Quote:

Its going to be a pig with that cam. Sure it will run, and probably run decent. But a smaller cam will run and idle much better. That cam was ment for a all out race application. 5K+ converter, race weight car, 12-13:1 compression, and spin the engine 6300+
With a engine and compression near 10:1 you would like the 557 MP cam much better.

I run an Engle cam real similar to the Ultradyne you're describing in my 451 (assuming 251* @ .050 / .578 lift on 108 cl). My motor is a zero-deck, .044 quench build @ 10.3:1 w/ Stealths and a 35k converter. I feel I have plenty of cam, to the point where I have other areas that need to catch up to the potential of the cam. I don't think you'll be any faster with the .590, but I do think it will be much more difficult to tune & deal with. I think the UD 251 would be MUCH more snappy / crisp down low, and won't give away anything up top, as @ 10:1, you don't have enough compression to make use of the extra duration the .590 is offering. (I guess that was the OP question, wasn't it )

Last edited by GEnsrud; 12/28/10 01:29 PM.