Quote:

Program is who makes the 4 bolt main caps. You only get the center 3 caps. There is plenty of meat in the block. Make sure that you have a good machine shop install them and it will need linebored. They are a must in any engine that I build, or have built. then again I'm a member of the pump gas 700 club.

...You are the first I've seen sense I've been here on Moparts that runs the ProGram caps. I've been wondering how well others have done with these caps.
...I bought 2 complete sets (bought #1 & #5 billet 2 bolt caps also) of the ProGram Billet 4 bolts caps & ARP studs in the late 90's, & had 2 blocks done buy a close machinist friend. He set up the cross bolt in the 2nd block just a tad bit higher in the block like the Hemi. Maybe not as high as a Hemi, but liked the Idea of a little farther away from the pan rail. I used the 2nd block as the 499" in my ~700 hp Pump gas street car for ~ 6 yrs. I only hammered on it for about 31 passes before putting it on the street. Probably not a lot of hammering for those that Drag Race every wk end. Had another block done with AL caps & studs too (at that time I think) after Koffle (sp)saying they had ~900ph (if I remember correctly) Low decks live with them. Haven't used that block yet either. Health keeps throwing sticks in my spokes. Anyway, nice to hear about other ProGrams.
...Put the #1 & #5 Billet ProGrams on after this pic. Sorry pic is a tad fuzzy.
...EDIT: I agree the AL cap is an easier route, may absorb the vibes better, & with the Girdle it would be hard to beat.

6379065-P1120413(2).jpg (408 downloads)
Last edited by thehemikid; 12/26/10 04:50 PM.