I used to live in Mansfield. I watched races at that track when I was a kid...back when it was dirt, the bleachers were wood, and they still had figure 8 races.

The facility is really nice now, but it takes so much money these days to do that, not to mention the EPA garbage that seems to creep into anything that anyone wants to do. If there's a stream there it probably runs right under the new Correctional Facility out there, but the politicians wanted that done, so it got done.

Mansfield's Mayor is an idiot, and according to someone who used to work with him her husband was a thief who stole from his employer (the old Ohio Brass), and would've gone to jail if his boss/dad wouldn't have bailed him out by repaying the company for what he had stolen. She's a joke, but I don't vote there anymore.

I know little about Dzurilla except that he made a nice facility out of what was there. It does sound like he may have walked on some folks to do it. If so, what comes around goes around, I guess.

Hopefully the whole thing won't end up abandoned and left to decay. Maybe a new owner will come in and be able to finish what was started.

It all makes me glad to be 16 miles from Beech Bend in Bowling Green, KY. It's not a "super-facility" with suites and all that, but it's a great place with a long Division 3 history and a small-track atmosphere that you just don't find at places like Trails or Norwalk anymore.....kind of like Pacemaker's if you gave it Enzyte and had the weather to race from Valentine's Day to Thanksgiving.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for all the guys in the Mansfield area, I know it can get to be a hassle hauling everything to Norwalk, 42, MCIR, or Trails. Hopefully something can be built closer someday.