Quote:

I have both a used Holley 3310-2 750 cfm 4160 carburetor and an original Holley Street Avenger 770 cfm carburetor #0-80770 that I bought new and just installed this past summer.

I currently have the Holley Street Avenger 770 cfm carburetor on my 1968 HP 440 that is in my 1968 Coronet coupe 4-speed.
The Holley 3310-2 was on the car as purchased.

Would the Holley 3310-2 be a "better" (more performance orientated) carburetor?

*I will be purchasing the ~$50.00 secondary metering block conversion to replace the original metering plate on the 3310-2.

**Both carburetors will be put to use, I'd just prefer the "better" carburetor goes on the 440 in the Coronet.

*** Both carburetors are basically 750 cfm, square bore, vacuum secondary units. The Street Avenger has electric choke.
I've been toying with the idea of removing the entire air horn on both carburetors.

The old 3310s were awesome general purpose carbs. You couldn't really go wrong with them on any engine outside of a drag racer. If they are anything like they used to be, that would be my choice.

I had a really bad experience with the street avenger carbs and pretty much know Holley carbs inside and out. I tried everything to get it to work and I've heard others tell a similar tale. It's sitting on my sons dresser as an ornamental piece.

Last edited by torkrules; 11/28/10 10:25 AM.