What primer do you guys recommend for priming bare metal? I am prepping my car for paint and have been stripping it all the way down. The car has minor pits some places from surface rust so I prefer a high build and given that it will be awhile before I am ready to spray it with color I would like a sealer to prevent rust through assuming it gets wet or becomes humid again. I was at a paint shop today and a guy recommended a new product I beleive it was U-Pol or something close to that. It was a green and grey can and a gallon of it ran less than 100 bucks. He said it was made to apply to bare metal and depending on how much reducer I used it could be high build and a sealer. I am looking to paint the car myself and will probably go with a single stage factory color. Given that the car is going to be garage kept and used maybe once or twice a month at best I doubt it will see much abuse. I hate to spend big bucks on paint and primer so I am looking for a best bang for the buck primer. A similar PPG setup would run about 300 bucks but require several different primers he said. What do you guys suggest for quality thats also affordable?

Last edited by MadMopars; 11/24/10 02:53 PM.

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s