Quote:

B1fish540 since i use to race in flint.I have never heard of any racing in the downtown area what street would that have been.I had been living in the flint area since i was 12 years old and hanging around the street racing since 1970.I now live in the detroit area sinc 1998.Again what street was this on in the downtown area?

Well, befor i went there for the first time(around 2002)i didnt know about it either. The location has changed a couple times I think. Used to be on Lieth I guess but has been on James P. Cole for as long as I've known. After 475 was put in the really fast cars use that strech of lonely hi way to race. But the "fun" spot is still Jp Cole Avenue. Its just a block or two off Dort Highway. They have a guy that starts you..like on Pinks..The air was full of tire smoke from the burnouts rising all the way to the street lights in a huge cloud. The southbound lane of the Avenue is the drag strip...its just wide enuff for two cars...and the north bound lane is the "return" lane. In between were at least 100 fans, spectators and partiers. At the end of the "track" are two cross streets..like a short and long turnaround..I used the long one! I guess one of the shoemacher family was killed there back in the day...but thats the only death or crash i've ever heard about..amazing!