I am new to this forum, I was referred by a friend of mine on another forum.
I have owned many Mopars through the years my best being a 69 RR 383 4 speed Texas car with 42K on the clock.

I have just been given the privilege of Bringing this beauty back to life.
It is an original paint, interior car with 80,000 miles on it. It has hideaway lights and a console mount cassette deck with a microphone.
I spoke with Galen Govier about the car, gave him the numbers off of the trans, rear and block. Unfortunately I did not find the serial number from the block but the casting number and build date. Galen says the numbers I have given him so far appear to be correct.
I have the build sheet, owners manual, shop manuals and dealer brochures as well as period correct Hot Rod, Car Craft and other magazines.
It is a garage kept Arizona car for the last 20 years, the owner got sick and passed in the last 3 years and the car has been sitting for the last 2 years, it was driven to his funeral and evidently it backfired all the way because the mufflers are ballooned.
I flew to Az a few weeks ago and pushed it out of the garage to see what I was up against. I pumped the fuel tank dry, changed the oil checked the coolant, got 5 galllons of hi test added, lead substitute, octane boost and Seafoam and proceed to get her lit up.
Got it started after a bit but only on the primary carb, let id idle while watching temp, oil pressure etc. The motor sounds real healthy other than needing a good carb job, I had to replace a few plug wires but that is it.
I let it idle for about 20 minutes and dumped the oil again, this time I added a little Marvel Mystery oil to it as well (I figured it wouldn't hurt a bit).
I have never had the pleasure of playing with an Az car before but the stories you hear are not a myth. I can't believe the absolute lack of rust! The sail panel, the quarters, the floor pans.
The only rust I have found on the car is under the trunk mat but it is not perforated.
I will be looking for a few parts for it but mainly advice.
At this point The part I will need soonest is the right side valve cover it is somehow bent around the filler cap.
I look forward to meeting people on this forum and most likely will post a few noob questions until I get used to the format of this forum.
Here are a few pictures, Enjoy!!

O bsessive C ar D etailer