I'm curious what people consider the better approach re: whether to upgrade my RB 452's crank since (yet another change of direction) it'll be going back together w/ the CNC Victor heads and a street roller cam. My original plan was to put the .010 / .010 OEM forged piece that came out of it back in, since it passed the magnaflux and the journals polished OK w/o having to be cut down again. The block is .060" and is otherwise getting a fresh set of rings & bearings. This is INTENDED to be the last time I go through this bottom end, since I've picked up pretty much all the parts needed to assemble a fresh spare 448 short block.

However, I expect the change in heads and cam could add another 40 HP, pushing the engine up close(r) to the 650 HP range. I've got a "blem" Eagle 4340 piece I picked up to use w/ my 448 backup... should I use that, instead of the OEM crank, for a bit of added insurance at the higher power level? If so, then I'll have to factor in picking up another 4340 crank at some point in order to finish the 448.

Yep, just another one of those decision points in the process flow of getting my junk back together.