Quote:

On hydraulic lifters that are already pumped up and stock type stamped rockers I've had good luck either using a 3/8 speed handle, or choking way up on a ratchet, and very gradually/very slowly working the bolts down a little at a time. Eventually the shaft will bottom out on the pedastals and when it does, THEN I torque to spec in 2 or 3 increments to make sure I'm not being fooled. If the job is rushed and the bolts individually reefed on, something will get screwed up for sure.

Solids are easier!

Okay - my heads are Edelbrock aluminum and have the ADJUSTABLE rocker arms with hydraulic lifters.

Should I bleed the lifters off because when I'm tightening that is putting pressure on the valves and I'm afriad I'll strip the threads.
Or should I back the adjustments all the way off, bolt the pedastals on and readjust the valves?
I am trying to prevent adjusting the valves because I don't know anything about doing that and don't care to learn at this point - it ran great when apart and don't want to screw with it.

Thanks!