I have recently purchased an 05 Ram Quad cab, 4x4 with the 5.7 hemi.

It's equipped with a Mopar remote start set-up. But it's not working.

The remote has one button. It sounds the horn when you push it, but that's all. The remote is not part of the key like our 08 Ram's is. It's a seperate remote.

Anyhow. I can't find the "safety switch" anywhere under the hood. On previous vehicles (GM in particular), there is usually a push button switch on the rad support, which is activated when the hood is opened, rendering the remote start inoperative. For safety purposes I guess.

But near the driver's side hood hinge, there is a silver, canister looking thing bolted to the hood, with two wires going to it. I'm pretty sure it connected to the remote start module which is located under the dash. I wonder if this could a "switch" of some sort. Like a mercury switch used in home thermostats. Hood opens, switch causes circuit to open (or close) causing the remote start to not work. There is also a spring loaded, push button switch near the OBD port under the dash. It's a momentary switch, or at least it seems like it. switch doesn't seem to have an off or on position.

When the button on the remote fob is pushed, the horn sounds, the headlights flash, some "clicking" is heard inside the cab, but nothing else.

I hope I haven't confused anyone too much!!

I'd like to figure it out before the snow flies.

thanks
codfish