Quote:

How are Cal-tracs with stock, non SS springs? Those should let bars work better than the SS's , right?

I have a friend at the track who has raced for at least 30 years and has driven many different cars there and Is a killer driver especially on the tree so I can believe and respect his judgement on things. He recently told me that he tried the Cal Tracs on his SB Duster with the SS springs and he had to remove them for similar reasons mentioned on this thread. I am not sure what changes he has made at this time but he said he could not run them together. On the other side of that coin I run the Cal Trac setup with adj shocks from Calvert on my 82 Dodge short bed pickup. I am running a 493 Indy head engine and pull 1.47 sixty foots and my truck launches absolutely great. I am running a late 60's B Body rear on top of the stock 1/2 ton 5 leaf truck spring. The second leaf that sits right up at the top spring eye is the critical leaf. If its not there you will have issues as I did before installing it. The truck originally had 4 leafs. After installing it I had little problem with the rear suspension BUT BOY did ther CalTracs make a difference later. I can't swear to all combinations but on stock springs or Calverts mono leafs they will work great.