Run the valves the other day before running the car on Wednesday at HC. #4 exhaust valve was tight. I checked all others and reset #4. Made 4 passes and the car fell off .015 in the 1/8 mile on the last pass. Pulled valve covers off and checked lash again. #4 exhaust valve had NO lash left. All .026" were gone. Only thing I can think off is I have a valve getting ready to break (stretching or tullipping the head) or I have a seat beating itself around in the head. I figure if it was lifter or the cam the lash should get larger not smaller.

Quick run down on combo. 440 block, stock lifter bores, comp roller cam, comp roller lifters, Smith Brothers pushrods, Harland Sharp 1.6 rockers, K-motion springs 245 on the seat- 690 over the nose. Indy 440-1 heads with indy valves.

When I found all the lash was gone I set it again and rolled the motor over(not fired)a couple of times and it was gone again. I just put it away and will inspect this week. I already had planned on pulling it for the winter and doing some work anyway, so now there is a reason. I am just glad I caught it before major damage was done. Anyone else ever have this happen.