Quote:

I have a stock iron '84 360 4-v manifold at my disposal.
Now on my heads, is it worth it to throw on a set of "302" heads on an otherwise stock 318? Will I see any gains over my open chambers?
I want this thing to have some get up and go but do decent enough for me to be able to afford to drive it daily. Opinions?

Viewing the eng as an air pump you want to attack the most restricted area 1st which is usually the ex esp as the 318 logs are worthless. I'd use that spreadbore intake (it's actually pretty good) & purchase a Demonsizzler prepped thermoquad & tweak your dist starting w setting the initial/slot length/springs/vac adv (needed) IN ORDER PS yes the 302 heads will help you & been some good info on upping the valve size (iirc from 1.78 to 1.88 plus some bowl hogging (dont remem the angle) & staying w shim gaskets so you dont lose compression which require flat surfaces which you'd have if you did the 302's right but no telling about the block decks for flatmess & w 318 short block rebuilders being cheap I'd actually build one from scratch & get some good pistons & get quench & have a spot on eng from the ground up. W few cubes/alot of weight you need torque which means matched systems & parts/compression/quench so a higher compression will run on pump gas

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth