Looks like a decent starting point, except the front tires look awful far back in the wheel openings, might just be the angle of the picture though.

Swapping in a Mopar drive train can be as simple as bolting it up, or as complex as redoing the misplaced or hacked front suspension. Since we have no idea how the Mustang II was done, it could be incorrect and faulty information to list a process of installing the correct drive train.

Originally a 39 Mopar has the same basic independent front suspension as the 41-48 Dodge, Plymouth and Chrysler, so all the info covering them would apply. What has been modified from original will probably alter that process, but it may have made the process easier.

Position the engine and transmission so that they clear the frame and cross menbers, exhaust, steering, and sit at the proper angle to have a level carb. Make mounts as needed, make a drive shaft, and life should be good.

I had a 39 Plymouth business coupe, loved it until I had to sell it to put a motor in my work truck. I'm currently building a 48 Plymouth business coupe. Gene

6270426-50Dodge4x4037.jpg (135 downloads)