Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The car runs great guys.....but really, that is what it SHOULD run. A 648 inch HEMI99 motor, should make in the 1350 range fairly easily, even with the heavier nitrous specific parts in it. You put 1350hp in a 2350lb car in good air this time of year and it should go 7.0s in the 195 range and that is exactly where this car is at.

I think what is throwing some off, is the fact that it is unusual for a mopar to be this quick on motor and not many know much about the 99Hemi stuff.

Outstanding runs though guys. To get a new combo sorted that quick is top notch. Now, get a tight converter in that dog and turn the bottle on.....lol.

Monte

well, i have a good idea what a '99 should run, but most of us have so little info on these motors that they remain a "mystery engine". arc's combo is even more interesting because its been stroked so much..and using a billet block. I dont know of ANYbody else doing this..at least not on this board. It would be cool if someone like World Prod. would come out with a cheaper(but strong)block for these heads. This is on a 4.9 or 5.0 bore space block..so. 800+ ci is doable with the right bore/stroke combo. Albeit, this still puts the Mopar at a disadvantage to the 5.3 bore space GM monster motors...but it gets us in the show..imho.

Really, the fact that this motor is stroked and has a billet block, really does not matter. What determines the HP something can make, is how much air you pump through it and how much fuel you burn. Now whether this head can support monster cubes, I don't know, because I am not up on the 99 stuff, but again, it's all about air flow. A 500 cube motor, singing at 10,000 rpm, or a 648, just tooling along at 7800rpm, does not matter. Power will be similar, given the air passed. At what point does the head give up is the question. I doubt seriously it will flow enough air to support an 800in motor, plus you really need a 5.200 bore space at those inches and thats a whole nother animal.

Monte

Nobodys really talking about how much they will flow(well kept secret??) We know the Mountain 99 motors were 800 ci and they were competitive with the Fords..but thats the 5.0 space block..not like arc's NHRA heads. These heads will flow just like any prostock head with a 2.55 intake valve. They purportedly make more POWER than the DRCII or III or what have you..and the times AJ is putting down is proof of that, imho.