Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have mine on too. They work and I have always thought they looked cool.

I'm sorry but I always thought they looked dorky. Look how low to the ground yours are. lol Plus a pinion snubber weighs alot less.

you dont think the front springmounts ataching to what litle frame is available under these cars would be a better place to direct all the rotational forces from the rear axle compared to putting all that force straight up into the much thinner floor?

Someone must know what the Mopar engineers had in mind when they specified the snubber and said not to use the trac bars. I know we are killing this topic but I'm a sucker for these two sided arguments. I'll see what I can dig up from my old books.

yep its intresting when looking at stuff deeper than just saying "this is the way it is because thats how it has been done foreverer"
only real good reasons i can see is that it would help keeping the axletubes from twisting in the centersection, it would also help in alowing the rear suspension to still work side to side so to speak,while tractionbars should be able to lessen boddy roll when under full power, but im not an engineer:)
would be very intresting if you found any deeper info on this

Ok, according to Larry Shepherd and the old Direct Connection book (see that's how old I am), he says, traction bars are not recommended. So there not saying "DO NOT USE THEM". The reason stated is that they may cause the axle tubes to bend or undesirable handling. They should NOT be used with super stock springs (goes without saying).

Not sure how they would bend the axle tubes other than the fact they are outboard, but I would think Fords and GMs would have the same problems. As far as ill handling, well superstock springs can do that for you too.

The snubber is optional on the automatic but should be used for safety. They say it's a must on 4 speed cars. They recommend re-enforcing the floor.