Quote:

Very close! It doesn't feed the port on the base plate, as that hole leads directly into the venturi. But since I was desperate for some help, I cross-posted this on a few boards and got an answer. That port feeds the timed vacuum port which is found on the side of a standard Holley primary metering block. The Proform block I have does not have this provision, and sometimes with these aftermarket pieces or non-timed vacuum port equipped blocks, you will get fuel leaking out of this passage. Plugging up this port at the metering block face of the main body will eliminate the leaking. I was considering losing the race-oriented tuned block (67150C) for a standard block (67166C) to get the timed port back, so I may just swap the block instead of plugging. I suppose I could plug it with some epoxy which could later be drilled back out should I swap the block out.

I'm just glad the problem I was chasing wasn't a bad head gasket or cracked block/head. One bank was sounding sick and emitting white smoke/steam on startup. Instead of burning coolant, it was trying to burn off all the fuel. I best check the oil to see if it is thinned out from the fuel.

Thanks for your help.

Be careful with the type of epoxy you use , many are not alcohol friendly and the leak will soon return.