Quote:

Quote:

Great idea & write-up Chris! Do you know whether the battery you used will fit in a Group 24 case? I have some Group 24 cases that were reproduced in the 1980s that I would like to do this modification on...

Also, does anyone know where I could get the battery posts installed? The battery re-builders that I knew of are all shut down now...

Thanks Allen!
Heres the specs on the battery

The PC 925 measures 6 15/32" long, 6 7/8" wide, 4 7/8" tall and weighs 24 pounds.

This company might have something you can use....

Post connectors

Arrrrgh... its gonna be tight... might have to cut the bottom out for clearance. The maximum internal size attainable would be approximately 9 1/2 long x 6 wide by 7 tall. That would require extensive trimming of the side wall stiffeners, and run a significant risk of breaking the shell of the battery case. Without trimming these stiffeners (would still have to remove the plate separator internal walls), the usable space would be no more than 9 long x 5 1/2 wide x 6 1/2 tall... might be even a bit less.

The 6 7/8 inch width of the PC925 is the problem dimension... rules out the normal vertical placement, and even with the battery on it's side, the reduced length of the Group 24 case will make cable routing very difficult. Flat cables or straps might provide the answer...

Allen