Quote:

If you're going to be running track days with a big B body car then stepping up to a 13 inch kit is smart. You'll have better choices with 17 inch rims and the bigger rotors will work better than the 11.75 inch stuff.

DoctorDiff sells a 14 inch brake kit using new Charger rotors and Viper calipers if you're willing to run 18 inch rims. I'll send you a PM with info on the used Viper calipers that I have for sale.

I'd recommend a rear disc kit from DoctorDiff rather than trying to use the Viper setup out back. The Viper uses two calipers per wheel in the rear which requires double fabrication. Also, the Viper bolt pattern is 6x4.50 so the stock rotors don't fit on a 8.75 rearend. By the time you fabricate the custom mounts and get new rotors built you'll have a bunch of money invested.

I wouldn't be opposed to 18's but I have a buddy w/ extra mustang bullit wheels (17") that work with the viper conversion(right?) so I can save some coin there. I could see upgrading to 18's down the road but I think for what I will be doing(rare track day and "enthousiastic" street driving 13" rotors will be fine.

Ok so critique my plan.
This will be for a '68 Charger, 4 speed Manual brakes and would like to completely replace the 4 wheel manual drum setup on the car.

I was planning on using rotors and wheels I got from my buddy that had an '04 Cobra and was hoping to duplicate the setup on that car but upgrade to the Brembo Viper calipers up front. I guess the rotors won't work so I'd be looking at the full Viper kit from AR engineering up front, I have a set of '73-76 A-body spindles already. For the rear I was planning on PBR calipers assuming they can work with the 8.75 and have a parking brake. Do I need custom rotors for the rear too? Master cylinder recomendations (I'd like to keep it manual brakes).

Who makes the "custom" front rotors for the viper coversion? Brembo? I guess I am concerned about part availability in the future as opposed to an off the shelf part.