Hello,

I am most likely going to be putting more miles on my "hot rod" than I had initially planned. That is a good thing for me I guess

It is a 74 Dart Sport with a mild 440, SD intake, 750 or Theromquad on it, Headers, 3" exhaust. The cam is a MP .450-455. Car runs well. It has the factory HS convertor in it.

Initially, I was building a mild engine, but I built the car for a better engine in the future. It does have 4.10's in it now. It will likely see a better set of heads and maybe a slightly bigger cam but that is about it.

I need to drive a minimum of 40 miles each time I start it pretty much. Obviously 4.10's aren't going to cut it at 60-65 mph on a regular basis. At least for me they aren't. I have driven it a few miles with them and it was getting old already

I am looking at a compromise gear. Something I can get mid-teens out of for MPG, and still run 13 something at the strip.

Tire size is likely going to be 255/70/15 to match my rim size.

If you were compromising, and wanted decent driveability with a relatively mild engine, and some performance, what ratio would you run? I'd rather err on the side of conservative.

I am leaning towards 3.23's.

Also, what am I likely giving up in the quarter dropping from a 4.10 to a 3.23?

Thanks, ROB

1989 Dodge Cummins & 1989 Dodge W-250