Quote:

I tried to post this today but it seems to have disappeared.

I'm building a 451 stroker. What I have now is:

400 block
MP 440 stroker crank (400 journal size)
906 heads with roller rockers, 2.02/1.81 valves, not sure what the springs are rated for.
stock 440 rods
TTi 1 7/8 ceramic coated headers
7 quart pan

I need help on a good intake, carb, cam, lifters, push rods set up. Also I would like to know if the rods are okay or if I should spend coin on some H beams and how to shop for pistons.

I did a search and couldn't find any 451 recipes. This is a pump gas street car with 3.91 SG and 4 speed.

Thanks!

have you tried to fit that crank in the block yet ? I bought one of those from MP and all they did was take the Hemi replacement crank and and have it sized with low deck mains. When I went to check clearance in the block the counterweights sat on the bottom of the bores , crank didn't even sit in the bearing saddles. The OD of the counterweights is roughly 7.500 , I had them cut down to7.200 only needed a couple small holes to balance for 2300ish bobweight. If you notch the bores and use the crank as delivered you'll end up turning the counterweights into swiss cheese to get it down in weight as they are sized for a HEMI bobweight.

Otherwise I'd think long and hard about getting a better rod than stock LY's and if you are going to use open chamber iron heads you should build for quench , which is alot of work to do it correctly, if you want a pump gas friendly moder, will require a step head piston with a D dish.

That's How I would and am currently doing it , it's a little more expensive but the end results are worth it .