Quote:

Not asking you to "buy" anything .. that is just what I remember happening.

There was never really any good "aftermarket" demand for the TQ(vs the Berry) ... and there WAS that "handwriting" ... and Chryler's OEM demand for the TQ ? .... vs say their demand for a the TBI's that they were putting on most of their vehicles at the time .... was an ant-hill vs Mt Everest.

I'm not arguing the fact the handwriting was on the wall for the downfall of the carb. But carter had way over a decade of build time on the thermoquad, I don't think they would have just decided to throw out all the tooling, infrastructure and training they had invested into thermoquad production while OEM orders from chrysler were still comming in. If chrysler changed carb suppliers for whatever reason, maybe the TQ couldn't meet emissions standards??, that would make more sense. If the OEM orders ceased, and with little aftermarket demand for the TQ, stopping production and changing the factory to produce some thing else would have made perfect business sense. IIRC, mopar started putting quadrajets on the v8's several years before the tbi system appeared on a mopar v8.