Greetings all! Since my owner has been busy recently, I decided to post this for him, since I know he needs help designing my new 408cid heart.

First off, a few things about myself. I am a '72 W200, and am a bona fide work truck. I have 4.10s and 32"s behind a 727. I weigh 5600lbs (hey, I'm big boned!) and live at 4400' elevation. I only have E10 swill to drink in flavors of 87, 89, and 91. I'll spend most of my time pulling horses and ferrying other stuff around. He's going to feed me with a Ford 5.0l fuel injection set up.

My current ticker (a 318) is getting long in the tooth, and I really show my age when my owner makes me pull the horses

Recently he got a '96 5.9l short block that's already punched 0.030" over. He still needs to get the stroker kit, heads, and probably get the cam reground. That's the area he needs most help with. Most other builds he's seen are for 7000 rpm race cars, which I am definitely not I won't see anything much over 4500 rpms.

While he could get junkyard 318 mag heads for $25 each, I'm hoping he'll get me some new RHS or EQ heads. Any thoughts? He's also looked at the Hughes stroker kit with a 4" arm. He definitely wants to build my new heart with quench in mind. What compression should he aim for? Any particular cam profiles that would give me a lot of low-end grunt?

Most of all he's looking for reliability; despite what you might think, heart transplants hurt, and I only want to go through one!

Thanks!

()

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.