Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...and back at the hotel...

Where is the car now, why haven't we seen it at events etc ? ?

logan426

I do not know... hoping that someone chimes in with the answer. Apparently a Mopar Muscle Club member from Wisconsin... see pic below.

Quote:

Interesting car .One of the better ones that didnt use fiberglass and plywood That might be the car I seen in car craft 82 at maybe a Milan Mi meet or elsewhere .Showing it at the starting line at the dragstrip.Cool picture thanks for sharing

There was a fair amount of Bondo waviness in the transition area between the fenders and the nose. The nose was fiberglass, a friend of mine said that he provided it to the guy. Next time I talk to him I will see if he remembers the guy's name...

Maybe I'm getting this car/person mixed up with someone else but that sure looks like Bart Gaffney's (apologies on spelling) "Daytona-ized" Charger. Back in the early 80's, Bart was an enthusiastic promoter of the just beginning Wisconsin Mopar Muscle Club. Initially he had that car and sometime around '85-'87(?), he purchased a red 440 powered 69 Charger Daytona. Shortly there after, he pretty much disappeared from the local Mopar scene. Both cars as well.

A couple of years ago, I was watching the 10:00 news and they had breaking news about a fire that destroyed a home in Ixonia, a suburb between Madison and Milwaukee. The owners name was Bart Gaffney. I wondered if that was the same guy. Nothing specific was mentioned about property loss but his old 69 Daytona just popped up in a recent MuscleCar Review or HemmingsMM, all nicely restored but owned by someone else. Don't know what happened to the '71. No one has seen it in years.

Tim