yeah, YMMV and all that...my particular heads seemed to be ~.030" short on IH with the stock springs compared to what others have reported....

I guess if you plan on buying new springs, I still vote for the hughes #1110 springs, because they're about the same price ($5.90 for the hughes, $4.73 for the GM thru rockauto, or $6.33 from napa), but gain .045" additional travel before coil bind, and gain like 40-50 lbs of seat pressure...the light seat pressure of the GM springs is fine with a lighter flat tappet lifter, but you might run into issued at high RPM with a heavy roller lifter.

now, I haven't found a source for new 2.2L retainers, so you're stuck with either junkyard parts, way overpriced MP retainers, or the hughes retainers which are about $62/set...the issue is you need retainers for 8mm valve stems....

the hughes retainers claim they add .125" IH...I'd be very suprised at that, as then I'd think you'd have issues with the rocker hitting the retainer before the valve tip. that was the issue I found with using the GM locks on the mag valve to get more IH with the 3.1L GM springs.

Last edited by patrick; 07/27/10 08:38 AM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)