You're better off to bypass the amp gauge all together. Run an aftermarket volt gauge. Amp gauges are in-line gauges and really restrict the total amount of current you can flow. Just bypass the gauge. It's safer that way anyway, plus a volt gauge is just as good. You'll get more/better power flow from your alternator to your battery.

How can an a/c system pull 35 amps? Only electrical components is the clutch on the a/c compressor, and I can't see that taking nearly that much current. Nor would your fan motor take much either. I could not tell you how to use up 35 amps on an a/c system.

Why would you want to run 2 4awg wires instead of a single 2, 1 or 0awg wire? Your current alt should be more than enough for your setup. The bypass will help free up some power. Try that and go from there.

And your car should not cut out from too much of a load, that part makes no sense to me. If there's too much of a load, the electrical system will just suck current out of your battery if the alt can't supply enough. You'd have to drive until the battery drained until it'd die.