Quote:

Quote:

Fuel consumption is much greater in the last half of the 1/4 mile than the first 1/8 mile do to rpm acceleration per second, the first 1/8 you go through two or three gears, the last 1/8 is usually done in high gear only. The Fram canister can be a limiting factor on the supply side, check it to see if it is plug up full of trash or debris A friend of mine ended up substanially increasing his fuel volume by adding another Fram in parelel from the tank to the pump by adding a Y to the inlet side of the pump from the two filters If you can swing it use a better in line 40 micron or larger in line race fuel filter instead of one Fram or two Frams

That be me and I picked up way more flow w/the two filters but I`d toss those and get something better and less restrictive. Yesturday I changed out my cannister filter and installed an Earls in line screen filter and my gauge read 1/2 lb. more pressure when I fired it up.

Less restrictive will generally mean a more open filter with less filtering. Also remember more pressure doesn't always translate into more volume. In a carburated engine that doesn't require pressure to operate like injectors I prefer larger line size and more volume over higher pressure.