Quote:

I was once told that the AAR/TAs wear painted flat black/organisol on the underside above the mufflers. I have been told on here that that is wrong. I sure would like to have seen pics and have it documented, but I guess you said its gone now. Anyway common beliefis that the entire underside was gray primer with only body colored over spray as you would expect from halfass painting the rocker panels and engine compartment. Maybe someone else can chime in, I know Troy has done extensive documentation on the T/A he built.

By luck I was having a little exhaust repair done Friday and saw this thread. My car is 39K miles unrestored. I looked at the underside while on the lift and it looks like to me that the gray is everywhere as in the restored car pictures. Nowhere near as nice but basically the same. Nothing special behind the mufflers. Minimal overspray of body color around the rocker areas.

This was a real eyeopener to me. I prefer the cars original or restored to original. How many of these are now "over restored" with the underside painted the same as the body color. Everyone I see being sold by dealers or on ebay has the bottom painted incorrectly. Please, no one take offense.

No TV Party Tonight