I saw this old thread kicking around about the Champion radiators and thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

I am an authorized distributor of the Champion Cooling radiators and everyone has been pretty happy with the radiators. For the price is a great radiator and I have had alot of happy mopar owners putting these in their car.

First of all if you get radiator that is twisted contact your distributor about the problem they will have a shipping label sent to you and will send you a new radiator.

The drain (peacock) is not plastic the plugs on the tranny cooler are plastic. They are suppose to be removed if you are using the tranny cooler.

The bad things about the radiator.

1. They almost bolt-in directly. I only sell to mopars guys so I have heard alot of stories. Most people need to either notch out one of the notches on the bottom of the radiator or drill an extra hole. This typically helps the radiator to mount correctly. I have had members tell me when they measured the mounting holes on the stock shroud they were not correct from the factory so that has something to do with the issue as well.

2. The new 22" radiator does not support the stock shroud. Champion recently shorten the 22" core radiator because about 50% of the radiators were not fitting into the a-bodies. Well with the new change it is great for the guys that are in need of the shorter radiators but bad for guys that want to use a stock shroud. I recently had to do a return for one of the members here for this issue.

3. The upper hose is sometimes an issue. Champion only has three choices for the mopars. 22"core upper passenger lower driver, 22" core lower passenger upper driver and finally the lower driver and upper almost center for the early mopars. They also have 26"core upper passenger lower driver, 26" core lower passenger upper driver. If you have a different configuration you need to move the housing for the thermostat to work with that configuration. They do not have a radiator for a old mopar with a new hemi. I keep asking and I keep getting told NO.

4. I agree that I do not like the holes where the tranny cooler lines go. I know that is has something to do with the aluminum radiators but I had a heck of a time getting them threaded correctly.

I would love to hear all the bad news and good news from you guys about the radiator. I am a mopar guy first and if they were crap I would not be selling them. If your distributor dropped the ball and you are having a problem send me a PM and I will get you the help you need.

Let me finish by saying that these are not perfect radiators. Take a trip down to Autozone or Oreilly and see what you can buy for $200 and compare that to the 2 core radiator that I sell for $170 delivered to your house. Believe me I did it. I had an old Ford truck that needed a radiators and you should seen the radiator I got for $200.

If you want to buy a new stock radiator that is cool with me. If you want to spend top dollar on a high end aluminum they have some beautiful stuff out there. But if you want a nice aluminum radiator at a budget price that is working well for 99% of the people that I have spoken to at a show or sold one to then we had some nice stuff for you.

This is not a advertisement at all I want to set the record straight for anyone that wants to hear it. I want to make sure every mopar guy that might of bought one of these is happy with the product and if not tell me why. They come with a 90 day warranty and you can return without question for 90 days for a full refund if you did not damage it. After the 90 days for the next year you can upgrade or exchange for another radiator. That is a pretty decent warranty. So if you are unhappy let's get you what you need.

Champion right now has been on backorder for 4 core radiators for a long time. We are hoping to see some in the next two weeks so anyone that wants one of those they are still on backorder. All the rest are available on a typical week if you need one.

So fire away for comments and concerns!

Craig