When this saga last left off, I was all stoked 'cause my pile almost hit 500rwhp on Jake's dynojet. That was in like 2006, after I changed a bunch of stuff.

The feeling on the board at that time was it probably picked up somewhere between 30 and 40 HP. Comparisons to prior tests were impossible because the prior test was done on a different dyno (which is the last time I do that).

Anyway after that I didn't do much of anything except barely street drive it.

Finally last week I got a wild hair...fired up the old rusty pile o crap, fresh 20w50 and Dexron III, timing is at 38 degrees, found the spark plugs are getting rusty on the outside (they are like 8 years old after all) but look like new on the inside Noticed the liquid filled fuel pressure gauge is still inaccurate junk just like when I first put it on...still need to get rid of that stupid thing.... checked the lash, etc. It seems good to go.

I'm going to shake it down and run some fresh 93 octane
swill through it later this week on the street, and with any luck will make it to the "International dirt pits and a cornfield" strip (aka The big L) this weekend to see if I can either blow it up, make a fool of myself or run a halfway decent ET.

I'm sure it'll take awhile to shake off the cobwebs.....

Here's the ancient chassis dyno printout(though I'm not sure it means anything anymore):

Don't ask me what it weighs.....I've had it to Milan about 18 thousand times and it's always "the scales are broken". Or "nobody is here to work the scales" or something to that effect It weighs whatever a rusty b body with 'glass hood, aluminum wheels and no back seat weighs, I guess.

What'll it run?

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri