Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ron,

Ive talked to Dwayne at length about this on a couple occasions.

He says the -5 Comp lobes are very very reliable in a real street driven application.

And Dwayne is right.
I got my -5 grind from PRH and it has been very good.

The first design street rollers are nice grinds too, though, and worth checking out if a guy wants to buy a shelf grind.

I was going to go with the older 308 street roller until Dwayne picked out a -5 for me instead. At the time our feeling was the -5 would pick up some power without hurting reliability/longevity enough to notice.

Zippy can I ask you the cam specs on that cam and the spring pressure you run with it ??? Thanks , Ron

N/P Ron. It is .631 gross lift, 262/266 @ .050 on 110.
I usually just call it a 630 roller....

Spring pressure is 200 seat and roughly 500 open.

If the budget allows (careful shopping helps a whole lot)...a roller is well worth looking into.

I considered a roller for years before taking the plunge, and had 1,000 questions and concerns that a couple friends of mine + Dwayne cleared up for me in a hurry. No regrets at all, still very glad I did it, and I don't ever want to put another motor together with a flat tappet cam EVER!! (though I already have, for lower HP/lower budget stuff...oh well)

Anyway if you're in the same boat I was, send me a PM anytime if I can clear anything up bud.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri