Has anyone had a shift light tachometer cause ignition problems? I was told that something can go wrong internally and that it can cause a car to not even start among other problems!
I have an Autometer shift light tach and a MSD digital 7 ignition and although the tach seems to work great I occasionally have a slight miss just as I shift from 2nd to 3rd.gear -occasionally on the 1-2 shift. That is the only time I have this miss.At no other time does it miss. Right at the shift point. It seems RPM dependent! I shift at 6500 and I have the upper rev limiter set at 8000. 2 step set at 4500 with no problems.Floats set 1/2 in window,fuel pressure at 7 psi, Magna flow 500 with return with 1/2 in. lines to front with 3/8 to carb.
I have already replaced the MSD box,coil,distributor,wires,plugs, all relays,fuses and associated wires and grounds, Carb,fuel pump,filter,all fuel lines,fuel cell(no foam in fuelcell,)vents,intake and carb gaskets.Cleaned the fuel cell and fuel pressure regulator also.

Just looking into if I should try and replace the tach also.

Thanks Mike
Thanks Mike