Quote:

Caroll Fink, Judi Bortman, Dave Bortman, Ray Noltmeyer, Gene Dunlap, Don Carlton, Butch Leal, Larry Morgan, Bill Mcgraw, Ed Eckard, Rick Stickel, Dick Shroyer, Carl Kirk, Bob Riffle, Dave Conners, Ronnie Sox, Bob Bonds, Jim Thompson, Mike Fons, Tommy Ivo. Thats who I can come up with off the top of my head, some more may come to me later. I'm sure thats not all.

Frito
Add Roy Johnson to this list. He drove the 64 Polara for Dave Bortman at the 72 or 73 IHRA Winternationals in Lakeland FL. And maybe a couple of other races after that.. I remember because he went thru the field of NHRA SS guys too easily and comented to me and my future wife after the race that it was easier racing the NHRA gus who had come over to IHRA to play than it was to beat the IHRA regulars. I also remember because both he and Dave ended up in the SS Finals and had to race each other. Roy red lited to Dave on a pre arranged deal. They also ran the race on Firestone Drag tires and changed them to Goodyears in the staging lanes prior to the final round. Goodyear was one of their sponsors.
Roy converted his "new" 71 Challenger to a NHRA SS car after the winternationals and ran a small block in it. Alan later drove the car.

Old Geezer Racing