Found a decent '82 Saporro. Trying to swap in a '95 Magnum 5.9. Traded cams for a Lunati Hyd. roller and Mopar Performance rockers and pushrods. Using a Mopar dual plane intake and probably a Holley 770 Avenger carb. Have a race-prepped 904, reverse manual valve body for a trans and a Dana 60 for the rear. Got the Dana cheap. It has already been narrowed and has a new set of 3.73 gears, green bearings, 5/8"x3" wheel studs and drum brakes. Have done most of the cutting needed to fit the larger bellhousing of the 904, need to do a little on the firewall to clear the distributor. Looks like I will be able to use the original Magnum motor mount location which is about halfway back of the front of the block. This will put the motor right over the crossmember. Still will have to deal with some oil pan issues. I am going to use the serpentine belt system if I can. I have deleted the air conditioning compressor and will put the Plymouth power steering pump in the mix as soon as I find a suitable pulley for it. It was on the passenger side in the Saporro, but I can relocate it to the driver side easily. Looks like room for a radiator but will have to use an electric fan in the push mode. For now, I will try to use the factory exhaust manifolds. Anyone with experience doing this swap feel free to give some advice as I am doing this by trial and error so far.

5962221-Motor1a.jpg (147 downloads)

"Four out of three people have a problem with fractions"