Here’s the long awaited information on the status of the National Nostalgic Pro Stock Association. As you may know we have revived the organization that was founded back in 1994 by Dominic Durinzi and myself.

During the winter months, I have been in contact with approximately 75 individuals who have a serious interest in this organization. Of those, approximately 25 have cars that will be ready to race by June 1. I’m especially proud of Mark Pappas who has created a spot-on replica of Lee Shepard’s 1981 Camaro, complete with Reher-Morrison power and assistance from Buddy Morrison. Mark will be assisting me in coordinating activities in the Chicagoland area.

Our 2010 schedule is set and will include National Trail, Norwalk, Route 66 and Bowling Green. If there is enough interest, we may do a four car show at Indy in June 11-13. Within the next 30 days I will debut a new web site which will also contain a past and present photo gallery, along with a section on new builds. In the meantime, my current site has been updated with more info at www.jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com (click on "Drag Racing").

Currently I’m in the process of collecting detailed contact information and photos from everyone who is interested in participating. Go to my website and answer a few questions. This will grant you no-cost, charter membership in the NNPSA. You’ll then be updated on a regular basis.

Thanks!

(Here's Al Petrulis' '72 Colt, soon to be in Rod Shop colors.)