My rule when I got this car was to keep the car as stock as possible (minus a cam) and keep my 1980 malibu the all out custom car. This way I can have a balance. Got the malibu as my first car, dad told me if I was going to learn how to drive and wreck my first car, it was going to be a chevy. Never happened but anyway, yeah from what I've heard from other older mopar guys is that the 4 speed is alot of fun (don't know why yet)and along with the stock AC it should be a lot of fun to drive. Hoping to get it restored within the next 3 years before my senior year of college.

I really appreciate the input guys. I do see the good in keeping the car original, to a point, while improving little things. IE the drum to disc brake conversion in the front and a slightly larger cam. The big improvement will be if I decide to go with 440source aluminum heads.

My dad is running a set of 516 heads that are full ported and rival the flow of the aluminums. He mentioned if he decides to go with aluminum heads, along with the 8:71 blower, he would sell me the 516's for cheap.

As for the racetrack, I know which one your talking about. It's a helluva drive from Boerne,tx all the way out there. And last time the guy was a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] cause he didn't like the burnouts in my malibu. It was either too much or too little for him.

This is the malibu and you can see the roadrunner covered in the background.

Project War Bird: 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 4 speed with air conditioning GY3 Curious yellow All original