I ran it on the dyno three times. It spun a main bearing the first time we ran it so the engine had to be pulled apart and redone. The second time it filled the Oberg up with trash so we pulled it apart again. Couldn't find a problem the second time so it went back together and back on the dyno the third time. Last time the Oberg stayed clean so now it is heading into the car. This engine has been cursed since the beginning!

I ran headers for the dyno session just because it was easier than rigging up the manifolds. With the camshaft that is in this engine I doubt there is any power difference between headers and manifolds. The engine only makes about 575 hp. I thin the cam is about 240 at 050 so it isn't a hp monster. Just supposed to be a nice cruiser with a Viper like power curve.

The issue with the camshaft roller bearings is the same issue as the cross bolted main caps. Way too much work for too little gain. This was an R&D exercise that got a little carried away. I probably have $20K invested in this motor and it doesn't make anymore power than a good solid $10K motor. But that is the way it goes when you're trying new stuff.

5937165-dyno.jpg (47 downloads)