Ok,

I made the recent budget build 360 (425 hp) thread not to long ago. Well I was able to find a 2001 Magnum motor that was only $200 dollars. Once we took it apart we noticed that the heads were cracked . I did some searching on e-bag and come across a company that rebuids Magnum heads and has been in business for 30+ years. Here is there link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...565164&rd=1

The price is $175 per head and they accept cracked heads as cores! I have a few questions would these be adequate heads for a low buck, but fun street stroker in an A-body? When the money is right I will either buy some EQ heads or Eddies, but will these hold me over till then?

The block has to be bored .030 over and I'm planning on going with the Scat Stroker kit.

I'm leaning towards a single plan Edelbrock intake with a 750 3310 Holley carb.

As far as the camshaft goes, that's where I'm totally clueless. I'm sure I'll be using Comp. I don't really mind an aggressive cam so some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My ultimate goal would be in the 425hp range and 450+ tq. If it makes more, then even better.

Instead of going through my engine shop I'm going to come up with a parts list and source them all on my own to save the extra cash.

I'm sure some of my information that I supplied is very vague, but when it comes to engines, I know absolutely nothing.

I want to be able to run in the mid 12's for sure in a 3300 pound A-body that has 4.10 gears.

So if anyone can shed some light on terrible questions (best I can do ). I will jump through hoops and cut back flips!

Thanks again Moparts!

Regards,
Charles

My car 74 Duster mild 360/904/3.91 13.44/101.54 Son's car 75 Dart Sport 318/904/4.10 looking for a 360 or 408 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic B-5 6 speed 2010 Jeep SRT8 for the little wife