Quote:

I looked into carring these belts. So I bought a set for my own car.As a test trial. I had nothing but squeeking , squeeling and they wouldn't stay tight.
I have one customer whom in order to get his to stop squeeling he burnt an alternator bearing up it was so tight.

I use the Mopar brand belts (supplied by goodyear btw) and not worry about 'someone elses approval - or points'

If someone needs the info, I have an old Mopar brand belt/hose guide to look them up if needed

Yep, Bill you nailed it. I did the same thing. They at least say Mopar even though they're not "correct".

If memory serves me correctly, most of the OE belts were 11/32" in width. I had a hard time at the local parts store finding one a decent length that would work, so I got a 10/32" and used it on one of my cars. It was a closer length to the original and fit in the groves better. I think it might have been a smog pump belt or something. Anyway, several high rpm runs later and it hasn't been thrown. Just a thought for you guys like me that love WOT !

Dixie Restoration Parts
Phone -(770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-5pm EST
email: mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price.