I'm still playing. I'm not shooting for perfect either, just good.

It is a .040 over 440. The pistons are way in the hole (0.100). It has Eddy heads that have been milled to get a CR around 9.2:1. The cam is a Lunati 60303. The cam was centered according to the suggestion of Lunati and it was verified.

It likes the initial around 17*. I'm using a timing light and a vacuum gauge. The engine has just over 500 miles on it. I've done some nearly full throttle runs but no full throttle yet. This is in a '68 Sweptline pickup with no weight in the back and, well, full throttle doesn't do anything bu burn up tires. Plus, I've got a 2.76:1 rear gear so trying to do full throttle runs in top gear means I'm carrying a lot of speed (not the best choice where I live).

I have the mechanical set so that with the initial I am getting about 40* total without the vacuum advance. I know I need to back that down another couple of degrees but since I haven't done full throttle runs I haven't worried about it that much yet.

What I do know is that I get some rattle at part throttle especially under load (up hill). I'd like to take a little of the vacuum advance out of it to see what that does.

My daily driver died a couple of days ago so I'm driving the truck daily probably for the rest of the week.