Quote:

Quote:

Look on ebay and the classifieds here for a used edelbrock DP4B intake. For stock heads it's all the flow you need. You won't gain anything except less hood clearance if you go with the performer rpm over the dp4b.

Agreed, but we have all been through this, haven't we??? First its an intake. Next He'll look to buy a Holley carb. Then he might as well add headers. Hey, next let's take a stab at a Cam-swap. Then, how about some deeper gears.... I can't be the only one that's been through this!

So with that in mind, The RPM is an intake that will support his desires all the way up to and including an 11-second stroker motor. Since it also works well on stock-ish motors, might as well go straight there, now.

True, however for as long as he's running bone stock heads, he will never see a noticable increase in power with the rpm over the dp4b. Heads are the bottle neck at that point. The 383 intake shootout hot rod mag did showed exactly that, I think the dp4b even put out a few more ft-lbs(and at a lower rpm) than the rpm when tested on a stock headed 383 with a decent cam. I think the rpm was good for 5hp or something insignificantly like that. I suggest the dp4b because he can bolt it on and go, no issues with needing drop base air cleaners is a plus.