I've got a '68 Sweptline with a '68 C-body drive line. It is a 440 engine that I've rebuilt (with much help) and is running great. The rubber isolators for the big block are the same as for the /6 and they are not very strong. I actually have the engine chained down to keep it from breaking the isolators (again).

Someone before me installed a '68 c-body radiator from a 440 powered car. It is probably from the same car that donated the drive line.

To help keep it cool I installed a bigger fan that was on a clutch rather than the smaller fan that was direct drive. I don't know where this thing came from since it was in a box of parts when I got it with another project.

The problem I have is that on warm days when the engine is good and heat soaked and I get caught in some terrible Atlanta traffic the engine temperature starts to rise. I thought the best way to resolve this would be to get a fan shroud. After much searching I found a shroud (thanks Moparts!) but the fan is nearly 19" wide and so is the hole in the shroud for the fan. In short, the fan will hit the shroud.

What other fans are out there? Is there an 18" fan? Does a 7 blade fan really cool better than a 5 blade fan? What vehicle would make a good donor that I might find in the JY?