Quote:

Heres the specs on mine?

Specifications:
• Thermocycled Block Is Bored to +0.020" Oversize
• New Magnum R/T Big Valve Cylinder Heads
• Mopar Cast Aluminum Valve Covers
• High-Strength Stainless Steel Valves — 2.02" Intake, 1.62" Exhaust
• Heavy-Duty Valve Springs
• Hydraulic Roller Camshaft — 288°/292° Advertised Duration (230°/234° Duration @ .050") 0.501"/0.513" Lift
• Pistons — 9.0:1 C.R.
• Single Plane, M1® 4-bbl Aluminum Intake Manifold
• (Includes Bosses for MPI Conversion; Taller than Stock — Check Hood Clearance)
• Double Roller Timing Chain and Sprocket
• Mopar Performance Electronic Ignition Kit with Distributor
• High Volume Oil Pump

I now know that "Thermocycled" is mopars marketing term for reman

I have no complaints with the product I received. It runs great and has every bit of 390 hp I do question how the new improved version with the race block, aluminum heads, 10:1 compression ratio, forged everything, and the tuning and dyno testing can only make 15hp more for $10,000 I would think I could take my other stock r/t block and build a 500+ horse small block

simple, the MP aluminum mag heads shroud the valves really bad in stock config, flow about the same as untouched R/T's....no additional flow makes no additional power.

That might be true if the newer crate engines used the older MP aluminum magnum heads in the old configuration, but unfortunately they don't. They now use an Edelbrock magnum head with a MP logo on it.

Unfortunately HP ratings are conservative marketing, not actual data.

An average 380 really made about 408, an average 390 really made about 410, and so on....I have no idea about the new one.....other than it should be better than it's rated at, given the E heads that are on it.

If you're very resourceful and very patient, you can make
7, 800HP or more for 10 grand. Small block crate engines aren't marketed towards the kind of person who would spend years waiting for good deals on parts, who would spend many hours massaging everything, etc.