Quote:

so does a RB 440 intake swap on to it or was that a no?

think it had a 2-v,I was for got to take a good look at the carb and intake

wanna check those mannys,and see if they work for me in a 85 truck,would be the only thing to hold me back i think

IIRC no headers on those heads correct?

It should have a 2 bbl carb. The typical RB intake won't work on those heads. They use a wet intake with coolant passages.
I dropped one in a 1980 D100. The manifolds were TIGHT due to the straight down center dump and flange. The oil pan, dipstick, and mounts had to be changed.
I never got to fire mine up. I ran out of time and was moving out of state. I stored it at a buddy's place. His father took it to the salvage yard because it had locked up.
I distinctly remember mine being a cross bolted block. It was the first time I had ever laid eyes on that setup. I guess it was a unicorn because everybody tells me they weren't made like that. It came out of a big 1973 MH. That was back in 1993 and I don't recall all the details. However, I do recall looking at main bolts sticking out the side of the block.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon