...I wont mention any names...but I was in a far away place where there was no Mopar engine builders...so I went to a VERY well known Chevy engine builder (I know, I know)...he built the short block for my low deck stroker...part of the deal was a dyno session after I completed the build...made 5 dyno pulls...best pull was 782 hp...no signs of trouble engine sounded great...cut the filter apart, no signs of metal or foreign material...pulled it off of the dyno put it in the dragster and headed straight to the first race of the season. First pass it was 3 tenths slow, tuned on it, next pass it was a tenth off...3rd pass it grenaded big time, took out everything but the valve covers and intake manifold. The carnage was so bad we couldn't figure out what broke first...most likely cause was either too tight clearance on the 7/8 rod journal or it pulled the pin out of the piston on the #8 rod...so I guess my point is the extra cost of the dyno did me no good...and my next short block will be either built by myself or a reputable Mopar shop and I probably wont waste my money on dyno time.

1968 Plymouth GTX
1974 Dodge P/U Long Bed Stepside 318
2019 Ram 2500 6.4, auto, 4WD