Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It doesn't take 500hp to run 10.90's @3200lbs. I tried to use an eagle cast crank in my daily driver truck,but in 10 minutes after it showed up I had in back in the box for return. I was not able to save my buddy as he used this crank for almost 2 seasons,running 11.00 @ 3200lbs then it came apart and destroyed a lot more than the crankshaft. Good luck.

I will agree to disagree, in my opinion it takes all of 500+ horsepower to run 10.90's in a 3200lbs door car and the need for a forged crank is obvious in such a fast car. If the friend got two yrs. out of the deal I would say he did pretty good considering the crank is on the ragged edge of its recommeded range.

I will agree to disagree. It does not take a forged crank to withstand that output. Just a factory cast crank or a cast MP/Scat crank and you'll have far better odds of a reliable engine,rather than a potential disaster. The engine in the duster was less than 500 hp(yes, it was on the dyno),so give me some idea how long that crank might last @ 450hp,475hp,etc I'd love to know the answer.I'll just keep putting better cranks in my builds and sleep better.

Not all dyno's are created equal, just ask Hughes. At 450HP the eagle cranks are lasting a very long time, 7+ yrs. which is a long time in the life of most street strip rides.
In fact I just got 7 yrs. out of a 360 which had two cylinders cracked. Was it the blocks falt these cyls cracked? Who knows, however it didn't help that I overheated it a yr. ago when it started leaking fluid. So which came first the crack, or the overheating which likely led to the cracks?
What did I put back in? Another 360 because they make great drag motors with or without a stroker crank..

Last edited by dr.mopar; 08/29/11 08:37 PM.