Quote:

Just got done with the sb 408 upgrades. I changed heads/cam/torque converter. the heads are ootb indybrocks, 1.5/1.6 rockers. cam is Comp solid roller 248/254 @ .50", 616/582 lift. tq is a reworked dynamic 9.5 with 4100 stall. Just got it all up and running, but seems like carb problems(currently has a 750 mighty demon). runs real rich, and has idle problems. is the carb too small???? what are you guys using for sb 408 strokers??? trying to get this ready for mopars at the strip.

Running a very similar set up to yours ( 750 mighty demon annular discharge and idle-eze ). Same rich issues @ idle - could'nt go more than 1/2 turn out with mixture screws before it was way rich. I was told by Grant to change the idle feed restrictors from .036 to .033". Didn't seem to help. I went ahead and opened up the idle-eze air bleed holes about .003 ( all 4 holes ). This seemed to help. I was able to get enough air in to where I could close up the throttle blades a bit and assure I was staying out of the transition slots. I've been thinking about going to a little bigger carb also, but I run a very heavy car and 3500 stall convertor / 4.10 gear and concerned with hurting 60 foots?

Fastest 300