that picture was taken while i was figuing out what i was doing. I have since used a washer there. I also found that the ackerman is much better if the locatian of the tie rod end is moved closer to the wheel. I have made an adapter to do that and also space the rod end down at the same time. i have pretty much eliminated bump steer problems.

you will probably end up with the rod end about 3/4 to 1" sopaced down from the factory mounting arm. I used the mustang bump steer kits on the daytonas and it worked fine. i had something i mocked up in the last picture that amounted to the same thing. drill a 5/8 hole through the spindle arm and use a 5/8 rod end with a sleeve , 5/8 threads on one end and 9/16 on the other , to match the rack tie rods . you will need the sleeve to make it reach the spindle.
it makes the tie rod longer than it should really be but its really not bad, you could probably get a extension if you wanted to get it perfect.
dont move the spindle tierod end mounts closer to the rack to shorten the tie rod your tires will squeel when you make a turn , the ackerman will be all screwed up. The tie rods should be shorter but thats not the major problem. moving the end closer to the wheel will actually make an inprovement, i know because thats what i eventually did on my car.

Last edited by dirt; 02/26/11 12:39 AM.