Quote:

Quote:

is that youre car pic??
parachute on high nine car???
mmm but blasting others mmmmm
i fail to understand

LOL, I've waited months for a comment like that. I run 9.80's through the muffs on 10" tires with a mild pump gas combo. The chute is never on the car, most here know that I threw it on to pick my son up from school, everyone liked the photo so I kept it. I'm not blasting anyone, just tired of seeing 10 second 1000HP cars.

I didn't realize that was QuickDart502, as I mentioned in my first post his Dart ran great, just threw me off when he mentioned the weight and HP, but as Jim mentioned he may have just dropped that motor in and was expecting more.

Hey Bob, Ya that was me on Passtime. The car run good considering the circumstances. We put the engine together the Friday before the show which was taped on a Wednesday and Thursday. The engine hurt a bearing last july. Everything was ready to re-assemble but I was in no hurry until I found out they where taping Passtime at Budds Creek Maryland. The thrash was on! Got the engine in the car and fired up Tuesday because of having to work the whole weekend. Fired the car up around 9:30 and run it for 30 minutes and put a timing light on it, checked it for leaks and cut it off before the neighbors started complaining. I decided to cut the oil filter open and CRAP! there was some bearing debri. We put the car up on the lift and pulled the k frame and suspension to pull the pan off. We in order started pulling all the rod caps to look for any damage. Everthing looked great which was a relief, even the oil pan was clean. Then I got to thinking when I flushed the oil pickup lines did i get eveything out. I flushed them again and got some debri from one of them. So i did what I should have done in the first place and changed out the braided line. Dodged a bullet there! I guess during the initial start up the debri made it to the filter and that was as far as it got. By the time we buttoned the car up it was 2:30am. Took a quick shower and hauled but to the grocery store to pick up some food and made it frome Hampton,Va to Budds Creek by 5:30am. I had the dually and trailer in the wind. I was tired as hell but all the deer standing on the side of the road was enought to keep me awake. When I got there there where already twenty or thirty cars there at the gate. The car is a S&W backhalf 4-link car stock suspension minus the torsion bars. with stock disc brake off a 75 dart and rear drums.The hood and deck lid and bumpers are fiberglass.The the windows are lexan that still roll up and down the winshield is glass, It has a CRT torque flight and a turbo action 8 inch converter. The tires are a set of 32x 14.5 ET streets that were brand new just pulled the stickers off them at the track. The car originally had 33x 17.5 Et streets.The combo usally is in the 9.50s around 140 to 142 mph. Thats with the ET streets and Dynomax 3 1/2 bullet mufflers. Brett Wagner said i wasnt in the groove but I put myself there. The 60ft on that pass was the best so far footbraking it, 130 60ft.It was a couple of tenths off but it made a decent pass for the first pass after a freshn up on the engine.I weighed the car at a moving company it sounds alittle light to me as well. The engine dynoed at 810hp but when the guy asked me I jumped the gun on his answer before figured he was asking at the wheel. My Bad! Not bad for a street car.