Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here it is with the small 850 carbs before the 1250's went on.

Have you made any passes with the bigger carbs?

yes i have but only 3.i reduced the 10%OD to 10% UD and went .200 fsater spinning the tires off the line and 4MPH quicker.the idle fuel restriction was way too rich.Koffels drilled some blank jets for me at the track but it was not enough and i ran out of time.i am putting the internal parts into a KP440 and may go on the dyno this spring before it goes back in the car.the nay sayers about koffels dyno #'s should have fun with that.iether way it will be interesting.i will pulley up to the 10% OD on the dyno forsure and may go 20% depending on how things go.20% will be about 16 or 17 lbs of boost with my small heads.

4mph is a good improvement, especially if you slowed the blower down. To clean up the idle, you'll need to reduce the size of the idle feed restrictions by about 50%. That's one of the things Quick Fuel did to my 1150's. I can't find the calibration sheets that came with them, but if I run across them, I can scan them and send them to you, for reference. I know yours are 1250's, but it'll get you a lot closer to optimum than you are now.
Now that you have a rock solid block, we here at Moparts will expect you to run those OD pulleys at the track, not just on the dyno!

if you can find the data sheet that may help a lot and would be great!we opened up the IFR from 50 to 55 i believe and for as little as it did i think i need to go to a 70.the idle screws are only turned out 1/4 turn and is still making the plugs black but is reduced some.i ran 10% OD at the track also as in the video on the dyno.